Friday, March 23, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE: RIVERS IN THE DESERT

This week, from Songbird: "For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert."

5. Yoga - a 90 minute meditation in a 105 degree room, sweating out all the toxins of the day, then a nice 20 minute shower savasana at home, washing me clean and fresh. Ahhhhh.

4. Writing - where my soul can sing, and where I can make up whatever I wanna. When I need to laugh, when I need to cry, I can write it and when it comes through me from the Spirit is just the best experience of all.

3. My mom - she was not a good mother when I was a little girl. She's a better mother now. And she's the only one I have. We've both worked hard to find an oasis where we can refresh each other.

2. My son - ah Wonderboy. The child fills me with the deepest experience of a human existence I have ever walked through. (Not meanin' to sound like Shirley MacLaine here. Just talking about the one human existence here and its many phases of existence) How is it that our hearts can walk around outside our bodies like this?

1. Jesus - Now sings my soul! He is why I can do yoga and write and love up my momma and son. He's the only sense in the nonsense of this world. He's who goes out and finds me when I've strayed off the road home. He gave me the best Christmas present - salvation. He is the river and the boat. Nuff said and can't say nuff.

10 comments:

jill said...

excellent post! thanks!

Songbird said...

Your words about your mom bring tears to my eyes; I'm glad for you.

mompriest said...

I hear you! Thanks for sharing today.

Sally said...

I'm smiling now- thank you for this, it warmed my heart!

Quotidian Grace said...

What Songbird said. Just beautiful.

swandive said...

I echo all of the above - with a special nod to your mom stuff. thank you.

revabi said...

What a great play, I don't know if I can do that sweat stuff, but I think that is great.
So glad for you and your mom.

I like that image of singing.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Does it not just make your mind reel at what our children fill inside of us?

Presbyterian Gal said...

Thanks all. And Princess, my mind reels often at this!

hipchickmamma said...

great friday five!

you have made me cry as well. beautiful, absolutely beautiful!