Friday, April 13, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE - DENTAL EDITION

ReverendMother and Cheesehead are in tooth hell this week, so ReverendMother has picked these for Friday Five:

1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices?
Well, not to the dentist. I have been gifted with gum issues. I get to see a periodontist every 5 months for what's called a "partial scaling". This is a curiously scabrous term for a tooth cleaning with an attitude.

2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
Two never showed up because I, apparently, was not quite wise enough. The other two had to be removed because, (oh I know you're gonna laugh) *wincing for the gales of guffaws* I have a tiny little mouth and don't even have room for all my regular teeth. (I have 24 out of 30)

3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
POPCORN!!! with lots and lots of butter. That and glazed buttermilk donuts. Oh yeah and toffee.

4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
Oh yes. I had a gum graft when I was 27 (just 3 years ago! hahaha), and just last month I had to have some gum cut off around a crown. And there's that wisdom tooth removal thingie. That was intense.

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than _________________."
I'd rather have a root canal than dinner with my mother-in-law.

Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
No, he says that for a queen like me, a scepter would be more appropriate. ; )

13 comments:

mompriest said...

Oh, all this talk about dental work makes me want to brush my teeth, over and over and over...

"cleaning with an attitude" good phrase! Not that I would know anything about it...

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

PG, I commiserate with you about the small mouth comment --I am in the same boat.

LOL that your dentist recommends a scepter

Sally said...

ouch ouch a gum graft- help!
as for teeth cleaning with attitude- suddenly I feel like being very good to my teeth- no more chocolate...

swandive said...

I heart your dentist and his recommendations. LOL.

Mary Beth said...

um....popcorn is bad for your teeth?

uh oh

Sue said...

I'm with you on the small mouth thing. I've had a total of 8 teeth removed, orthodonty for 3 years, and two bottom teeth are still pretty tight.

Who would ever suspect that my mouth was too small? *snerk*

chartreuseova said...

Wow, you must have a very interesting mother-in-law

Kievas said...

Commiserations indeed on the oral surgery.

rev maria said...

Ow. Back to the toothbrush, again.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

*snickers about the MIL comment*

zorra said...

I never knew that so many of us were born with fewer than four wisdom teeth.That must be fairly common.

Of course it is completely unrelated to the vast amount of wisdom we have nevertheless been able to accumulate.

St. Casserole said...

they have Scepter chewing gum???

Presbyterian Gal said...

St. Casserole -
Oh yes. Gotta watch out for the ruby though. It's a crown cracker!