Friday, May 18, 2007
FRIDAY FIVE -THE BIG EVENT
Did you know that the major purpose for forming a non-profit, RevGalBlogPals, Inc., was to be able to attract grant support for a large scale RevGalBlogPal meetup? My dream from the beginning has been attracting financial support that would allow as many of our bloggers to be together as possible.
RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, I bring you the Big Event Friday Five.
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
A Glorified Slumber Party Retreat with One Outside Speaker and then Speakers from Our Gang, with Interesting Groups of Hot Stone Massages followed by Pedicure Refreshers so we can all get to know each other.
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
January works best for me.
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
Hawaii. If not Hawaii, then close by me, here in sunny California.
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
There must be dramas!! Of course. I will write a couple pithy, provocative and pertinent dramas for us, starring our own members!!!