Friday, May 11, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE: You Say Po-tay-to and I Say Po-tah-to


Reverend Mother writes:

There are two types of people in the world, morning people and night owls. Or Red Sox fans and Yankees fans. Or boxers and briefs. Or people who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't. Let your preferences be known here. And if you're feeling verbose, defend your choices!

1. Mac? (woo-hoo!) or PC? (boo!)
Why yes, the Friday Five author reserves the right to editorialize!

Mac. Unless of course you enjoy that regular trip to the tech shop to have the viruses removed, the files restored and the disk space compacted. (If it's a good looking tech, I can understand).

2. Pizza: Chicago style luscious hearty goodness, or New York floppy and flaccid?

Deep dish, thick crust Chicago style that no one in California knows how to make any more. Chicago is my second preferred place to live after Texas. And I'm currently stuck in California. And what is up with Canadian bacon and pineapple on a pizza??? That is just so wrong.

3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts:
a) Good. I like the variation in texture.
b) An abomination unto the Lord. The nuts take up valuable chocolate space.
[or a response of your choosing]

Ah, a chocolate question.......
a) Most definitely. Walnuts or pecans, either. And if you want to be really, really wicked, toast and sugar them before putting them in the batter.

AND

b) Yes, I'll eat these too. After all, there's chocolate in them. I have never met the chocolate dessert that I did not like.


4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll like normal people do?

What's this 'like normal people do' business, now, hmmmm? When the tail hangs over the front, it often sticks and I have to use my hands all over the roll to get my obligatory Sheryl Crow one square off. Then it's ripped up and mangled and I have to use my just soiled hands to get more. When the tail is in the back, as God intended and as He has in His powder room, then you can get what you need in one grab, thus maintaining the hygenic integrity of the entire roll.


5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go just like the tube instructs?

From the bottom and flatten. I suspect cameras in my bathroom and fear the toothpaste waste police.

Bonus: Share your favorite either/or.

Well now, so many to choose from:

Either eat all your vegetables and fruit or no dessert! (that's for Wonderboy from the time he was one)
Either pick up your room or shut your door (that's for Wonderboy's father)
Either use a tissue or hose it off (not givin' details here)

UPDATE: After reading some pithy and intelligent commenters, I realized that I blew the Either/Or bonus question. Here's some with correct syntax:

Tennis shoes or sneakers?
Cash or credit?
Wax or tweeze?


(and.....not related to the Friday Five.....if you're interested......I started another story. The first installment is here

11 comments:

Sue said...

That's a great defense of the PROPER way to hang the t-p.

Good extras too!

Presbyterian Gal said...

....Thanks Sue.

And I forgot to answer my own extra bonuses:
Sneakers because I like to surprise people
Cash because I have a short memory
Tweeze because waxing hurts too much

LutheranChik said...

I was starting to feel outnumbered as an "under" TP hanger. THANK YOU FOR VALIDATING MY REALITY!

Serena said...

well, you make some good points, but, for me, when it comes to where to live, CA is 2nd only to WA ... and when it comes to pizza, Hawaiin (with pineapple & ham) is 2nd only to Marguerita (with tomatoe & basil) ... and I think some of our night RGBP's are extreme gunners! :)

Quotidian Grace said...

LOVE that crack about God's powder room :-)

Hedwyg said...

Ack! I'm too much of a wimp to choose either waxing or tweezing! I tried wax once as a teenager, and I will never ever ever do that again.

Happy Friday!
Hedwyg

Kievas said...

Okay, now I'm seeing this toilet paper thing in a whole new light :)

mompriest said...

Edwardos in Chicago, stuffed pizza with canadian bacon and spinach, the best. really.

I tweeze and wax, ouch ouch. ouch.

debit card only. i spend less that way...go figure?

Tripp Hudgins said...

Waxing?

Dear God, no. As a male member of RGBP, I must confess the great joy of my socially accepted hairiness.

Viva la Resistance!

zorra said...

Texas is your favorite place to live? Something else we have in common.

Presbyterian Gal said...

Lutheranchik: My pleasure.

Serena: I loved WA too, except it was just too rainy for me. Sure is pretty, though.

QG: I'll bet we get to be first in line for that powder room, considering how sensible we are!

Hedwyg: I'm with you. Had a bikini was ONCE about 20 years ago. Still have nightmares about it.

Kievas: My first convert! Mom will be so proud.

MomPriest: Of course the debit card makes sense. Good stewardship there.

and Tripp Hudgins: Mais il y a beaucoup des hommes qui a le preference pour une tete sans cheveu. Particulierement en l'ete. Juste me dire.

Hi Zorra: Welcome home!!! Truth is I didn't actually live there. Only spent time there on tour. And loved it. I've been wishin' to be out of Southern California for many years now. Texas is my first choice for my next life.