Monday, May 07, 2007

MY CHURCH



Here's an aerial picture of my church, with the desired new buildings digitally added in. The first two buildings from the street in are almost finished. The whole building campaign is $24 million. Not going to go into the details of the trials and tribulations. You can well imagine them, I'm sure.

Though I wasn't at church yesterday, I heard today that our head pastor started his sermon with a statement about feeling 'overwhelmed'. Well, golly, I don't blame him.

I write this today to ask you all to add a prayer to the one I've been praying every day for over a year now. That God's will be done for this church and my pastor.

Thanks.

7 comments:

Ed said...

Impressive project, and no doubt very stressful for the *whole* church community! Not that I know every church in the LA area, but I don't recognize this one from the air. Which is it? Just curious.

Presbyterian Gal said...

Hi Ed,
This is La Canada Presbyterian Church. In beautiful, downtown, La Canada. I'll bet you know our wonderful organist there.

Quotidian Grace said...

Wow! And I thought my new church --Memorial Drive PC-- was large. A $24 million campaign is a pretty overwhelming thought, isn't it? May God guide the leadership and the congregation through the process.

Purechristianithink said...

Yes. Prayers. Some folks at my church have been whispering "Captial Campaign" in regards to our education building. I just want to go crawl under a rock when they talk that way.

Ed said...

Wow! I had heard LCPC was into a building project, but had no idea how dramatic. This is really embarrassing, as LCPC was my first church job when I got here! That was 1984-89, so I'm not as in touch as I used to be (obviously), but, yes, I do know Kemp! Best of wishes for you all.

Barbara B. said...

What an amazingly big project! Yep, prayers are good!

Presbyterian Gal said...

Thank you all very much.