Wednesday, July 11, 2007
ARE WE REALLY GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET?
What is your view of the following and where it might or might not be leading?
1. The Pope's new pronouncements on going back to mass in Latin and that if you ain't Roman Catholic you ain't Christian.
2. According to my internist, the various ailments we normally suffer, like colds and flu, are getting much worse because the micro-organisms are evolving into stronger resistant strains faster than our immune system is adapting to them. Mostly caused by the misuse of antibiotics, which is not being slowed, regulated or stopped, especially in the third world countries where the new resistant strains are emerging.
3. That no matter how much we argue left and right, hawk or dove, attack or negotiate, it remains that the jihadic faction of Islam (NOT all Muslims, I must underline) hates our guts no matter what we believe and still wants to kill us all. What might happen if we took to praying for Osama Bin Laden and pray for the Lord to intervene with him as He did with Saul/Paul?
4. That costs of things are increasing at a rate at least triple to that of our income.
5. That it appears our planet simply does not have the natural resources to provide for the demands and requirements of our burgeoning and exponentially increasing population. Does it seem possible that the artificial increase of prices on fossil fuel is because the "powers that be" blew it when it came to changing our direction to renewable sources of energy and now they want to bankrupt us into making it happen?
6. That the media has perhaps insidiously taken over dictating how we spend our time in a day. If you agree, how would we turn that around?
That's about it off the top of my head today.