Friday, July 06, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE: HASTY EDITION

Reverend Mother has sensed the hovering, wondering waitng RGBP's and finally writes:

"Whoops! I have been in a family-induced haze these few days, with the July 4 holiday and taking time off while relatives are visiting. So I literally lost track of what day it was!"

So rather than make you guys wait even one minute longer for the five, I'll dig up an oldie:

Today, what are you:

1. Wearing

Old cut off sweatpants, with a white undershirt, covered by a $2 Ross dark olive t-shirt that says "Luckyville High Tigers" with a tiger in the middle. The t-shirt was thrown over my "pj" outfit to wait for the camp bus with Wonderboy this morning.

2. Reading

I'm so behind on my books, and I'm into several:
"An Irish Country Doctor" by Patrick Taylor
"Walking the Bible" by Bruce Feiler
"Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar" Understanding Philosophy through Jokes, by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein
and Wonderboy and I are reading "The White Wolf" from the A to Z Mysteries series by Ron Roy

3. Eating

Green tea and Oatmeal. My standard breakfast

4. Doing

Sitting at my computer blogging!!!
Well, after this, it's yoga in the den, then work today. And I pray I find time to wash the car. I can't see it for the dirt. And laundry. Then later I thought it might perhaps be interesting to rewrite Romeo and Juliet so that I can play all the parts ;)

5. Pondering

A daring probe into the stranger regions of my neural pathways to be sure!
~How will I organize moving my mother, perhaps moving us, keep my job and maintain a calm, composed exterior all at the same time.
~How interesting it is when what I write and chat about with my son turns up in TV shows, other people's conversations, my pastor's sermon, and headlines.
~How the vagaries of our organic existence fall into any kind of rational juxtaposition with God's plan.
~Disappointment over discovering the tricks behind Criss Angel's illusions. But on the other hand, I learned how to levitate.
~Why the cost of EVERYTHING is increasing exponentially, while our income does not.
~What will I be doing 10,000 years from now?
~Jeans or shorts today?
You know, the usual.

25 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Snort! Plato and a Platypus! That goes on my reading list for sure!

Cathy said...

You ask:
How will I organize moving my mother, perhaps moving us, keep my job and maintain a calm, composed exterior all at the same time.

HA! Good luck!
Solution: Prozac and prayer... note the alliteration.

Barbara B. said...

I love oatmeal!!! And your outfit sounds groovy. :)

Mrs. M said...

I heard about Plato and a Platypus on NPR a few weeks back, I've just checked it out from the library.

(Confession: I skimmed through and read all the jokes first!)

Judy said...

Are you truly contemplating jeans today?!?

Do you live in the SAME Glendale, CA that I live in?

It's hot here, really really hot.

Maybe you work in a refrigerated office building. :)

Mostly this is a way to say, "Hi, I live in Glendale too."

Songbird said...

I'm still Walking the Bible, too. Do you think I'll ever catch up with the BookPals?

Leah Sophia said...

Great play, and though I won't comment on the depths of your #5, I will say that here in San Diego I always have something long-sleeved with me because those places with AC can so can chill one's soul (and bod, too).

Who ever imagined it would be possible to catch up with desired and required reading?

Lorna (see through faith) said...

love this glimpse into real life

and prozac and prayer (for the mum) ... I think you'll keep your serene features anyway :)

yeah for oatmeal porridge - I'm sick and you've just given me an idea for something that I might be able to keep down... here's hoping

Fr. Jason Emerson said...

Nice play!

Jan said...

"Plato and Platypus" sounds like a possibility, as I recently heard about "Sophie's World." Ever read that? Yay for yoga and oatmeal!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Can I be in the new Romero and Juliet??? PLEASE?!?!?!?

cheesehead said...

"Ross Dress For Less"

I miss that store.

mompriest said...

Ok. Now I have to order the Plato and Platypus book...love it just for the title...

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

wow! I'm so tired after reading all what you're reading & pondering... I'm feeling more unproductive by the moment.

Note: blazing hot outside. blazing. no more sweat pants... or shoes for that matter.

Rev Scott said...

Plato book's gone on my "must read simply because of the title" list, right behind "When Bad Christians Happen To Good People" and "Sacred Cows Make Great Hamburgers"

Nice play!

zorra said...

OK, Plato and Platypus goes on the Alibris wish list!

Sally said...

great play :-)

Love the idea of a one woman show of Romeo and Juliet!!!

Teri said...

there is a lot of oatmeal in this webring!

Presbyterian Gal said...

Mindy: "Romero (sic) and Juliet" I like your title better. Gives me ideas.

Judy: Where's your blog? Welcome! Yes, at this very moment we are both breathing Glendale CA air. Small world.

Teri: Oatmeal and berries.

Those Plato and Platypus authors are gonna wonder where this avalanche of royalties came from!!

Diane said...

I've see the Plato and Platypus book...it's great!!!...also, I'm a big oatmeal fan, too.

Serena said...

Like so many who got here before me ... gotta have the Plato and Platypus book ... and the Sacred Cows make Gourmet Hamburgers is good too ... fun play, as always, PG!

Diane said...

also like Scott's When Bad Christians Happen to Good People. Where do you find that?

Purechristianithink said...

Good things to ponder!

Judy said...

I'm an other and apparently, as an other, it doesn't link to my journal. Blogger doesn't like interlopers, apparently.

I can be found here.

SpookyRach said...

Blogger doesn't like those who want to mix both centered and justified paragraphs in their writing, but that's really beside the point, isn't it?

You ahve a lofty reading list, PG. Sounds pretty cool!

What kind of work do you do? Have you mentioned it and I just forgot? Apologies if that is the case.