Friday, July 13, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE: WOTCHER, HARRY OR NOT!

Reverend Mother gave us two options today. Having just seen the new Harry Potter and being a fan I picked:

Option 1: Accio Friday Five!

1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why?

Prizoner of Azkaban. It has a stronger sense of romance intertwined with the adventure, action and treachery. Sirius Black is a desparately romantic character who I really like. And finally there is a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who is actually teaching them something. Then there's the hippogriff. I'd like one as a pet. Plus I enjoyed watching Hermione take charge and lead Harry through his tortured destiny with graceful strength.

2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know?

I'd be Neville Longbottom. Appears to be a bit addled and not up to speed, but then at the end pulls out the most extraordinary ability that even surprises him.


And a long dinner and brandy with Professor Dumbledore would be sublime.




3. How careful are you about spoilers?
a) bring 'em on--even if I know the destination, the journey's still good
b) eh, I'd rather not know what happens, but I'm not going to commit Avada Kedavra if someone makes a slip
c) I will sequester myself in a geodesic dome to avoid finding anything out

I'm with b.

4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7.

It's been said that two main characters are going to be killed. I think Snape dies while protecting Harry from Voldemort so that Harry can kill Voldemort. I had thought maybe Ron or Hagrid might go. But now I think it's Snape, who turns out to be good after all and old moldy Voldy. Pair ups: Harry and Ginny Weasley; Hermione and Ron, Neville and Luna Lovegood. Professor Macgonagall is headmistress. Draco Malfoy is expelled. But before all that, Voldemort does a lot of serious damage and for a time, Harry looks like he might actually go over to his side.

But all that's just guessin.

5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued?

That'll depend on if she's satisfactorily dispatched the story in book 7. She's a wonderful writer. And I'd really really love to know who it is in her life that inspired Dolores Umbridge.

11 comments:

reverendmother said...

What I heard is that two people she *expected* to live ended up getting the axe. So I take that to mean there were others that were going to die all along.

So it will be more than two, I'm afraid :-(

Deb said...

I KNOW Delores Umbridge. Well, she changed her name. She was my 5th Grade teacher and she was a terror. Without all of the pink and fluff, that was Mrs. Stricker. I am sure by now she has a halo and wings... but sheesh. That's who I picture in my head when I read about Umbridge!!!

great play!
:)
d

ellbee said...

agreed - i wish someone would think to ask that question in an interview!

Well played!

Diane said...

I a with you on the third book ... but 1) that's the one my stepson started with, and 2) it's the last one I read (I read 3, and then went backwards.) Weird, I know. Then petered out. So now, cliff's notes!

Ed said...

Obviously I'm going to have to give in and read at least one of them... I was also the last kid on my block to get a cell phone; I guess I'm terminally behind the cultural curve.

Diane said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I've been enjoying yours especially lately.

1-4 Grace said...

Good play. I agree totally with the pairings and I like Malfoy getting expelled better than him dying. Make him live with himself for a while.
Now I am all wondering how "The One that Shall Not Be Named" will bite the bullet.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

See...and I do not even know what you are talking about.

Serena said...

I've read them all but #6 .. but too long ago to retain all the nuances and characters. How do you do it? It's cliff notes for me too, Diane.

St. Casserole said...

Love your answers. I agree with you!

revabi said...

great play. Good predictions.