Friday, August 10, 2007

FRIDAY FIVE - Stress Busting Edition

Sally writes:
I am off to spend a few days at the beach chilling out after a hectic few weeks and before I head off for Summer School...

So with that in mind this weeks questions are looking at how you deal with the stress monster!!!???

1. First, and before we start busting stress, what causes you the most stress, is it big things or the small stuff ?


It is the Chinese water drip torture of one thing after another after another after another, piling on relentlessly with no relief any time soon. Take for example, the last two weeks of my maelstrom life:

**Help Mom with escrow process, inspections, repairs, documents, organizing packing, movers, because her house sold in 2 and 1/2 days.
**Go to all day soccer referee training for Wonderboy's soccer team. Reschedule 2nd half of day for later.
**Find apartment for Mom to live in. Hours of internet searching, and looking at three dismal places, finally finding one that is perfect. Then prepare Mom for news that she will be going from 1900 square feet to 872.
**Helping with apartment paperwork
**Help Mom with Trust papers. Drive an hour and a half today to pick her up and an hour to the attorney. Then another hour of driving back home so Mom can see her new apartment.
**Regular schedule of work and chores still have to be done. Why is there always MORE laundry when times get really busy like this?
**Neighbors going on vacation, "can you feed our cat and water our plants", "why, yes I can, no problem!!"

2. Exercise or chocolate for stress busting ( or maybe something else) ?


Oh Lord, when my life is like this there is NO time for exercise. So when I go up and down my stairs, I run, hoping to get some cardio in. Plus I will park farther away when I go to the grocery store or wherever, just to have an extra minute of walking.





3.What is your favourite music to chill out to?


This week it's the violinist from Celtic Girls. Really pretty and soothing. Other times, good country music.

4. Where do you go to chill?

Someday I hope to have time to go somewhere. For now, it's with a book. For when I have time, I'd like to go get a massage.

5. Extrovert or introvert, do you relax at a party, or do you prefer a solitary walk?

Gimme a party. With people I like. Love to drink, nibble and chat.

Bonus- share your favourite stress busting tip!

If there's no time for yoga, stop for a minute and b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

(I'm working on the last post of Jezreel's story, so hang in there. It'll be done soon)

12 comments:

Mother Laura said...

Wow--you do have a stressful couple of weeks. Good luck getting it all done and finding some peace of mind along the way.

cpclergymama said...

b-r-e-a-t-h-e. just a reminder as you do everything on number one!
Peace.

Quotidian Grace said...

Yes, let's have a party!! woo-hoo!!

Serena said...

YIKES! #1 made me tired! But, so glad mom's place sold and you found new apartment for her. As cpc said b-r-e-a-t-h-e ... and when it's settled down ... have a party!

Deb said...

Shazam... I have had periods like your #1... and you don't realize how tiring it is until that period is OVER!

I also love Celtic Women - - and it is the benefit of having a daughter who plays the harp! (We have a harp JUST like the one in your picture in my living room...) c'mon over for a listen!

d

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

just knew you would be the party gal... lovely party by the ocean... glass of wine in hand... autographing another fabulous collection of stories. Looking forward to it!

Leah Sophia said...

Great play, and I esp love the pic with your #2; I'll join everyone at the party, too. Peace!

Diane said...

I could use a massage too.
good play.... I feel your stress

Mary Beth said...

Egads. Hope you get a break soon!

zorra said...

(((PG)))
Wish I could offer a real hug instead of a bunch of cyber hugs. I hope you can carve out a little rest time today or tomorrow.

Barbara B. said...

Chinese water drip torture is indeed baaaaad! (((PG)))

SpookyRach said...

Gosh, I got tired just reading this. If YOU threw a party, I would totally come.