Friday, January 18, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE: Read Any Good Books Lately?



RevHRod's turn this week, who says:
"The website promoting this piece of art says, "For the first time, the worlds most influential religious texts are brought together and presented on the same level, their coexistence acknowledged and celebrated”. The shelf is made of reclaimed wood that contains seven religious books. The designers have put them – literally – on the same level. (For the life of me I could not copy and paste the actual picture. This is a substitute-PG)

Well, pish posh! I think that some books ARE better than others! How about you?"


What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?
"The Testament of Gideon Mack" by James Robertson. Quotidian Grace  recommended it. It is a very strange and haunting tale of a minister who has lost faith meeting the devil. 

What is one of your favorite childhood books?
It's between "Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass" and "Dune" by Frank Herbert

Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell!
I always return to the Psalms in good times and bad. And I like Luke's gospel best.

What is one book you could read again and again?
"The World According to Garp". And I have.

Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
I'm drawing a blank here. Look forward to what y'all recommend. 

And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be? Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?
*rubbing hands together with glee* Well now! Funny you should ask! I'm going to try to publish two books of my chancel plays this year in one volume..... Then I'm going to work on publishing a volume of my stories and poems....... And then *she said in her best Edith Anne impression* I'm going to finish one of my really long stories and work on publishing that one! And I will probably ask the following to write my jacket blurb (Thank you, I hadn't thought of that yet): Quotidian Grace for the chancel dramas (if she likes them); Princess Mindy and SpookyRach for the stories and poems. Not sure for the long story. Thanks for asking!

14 comments:

Sally said...

yay- another Alice in Wonderland fan!!! Great play.

RevAnne said...

I love Dune too, in fact it's been rather too long since I've read it. I'm headed to the library!
Thanks for your play.

Barbara B. said...

When they are published, can I get autographed copies of your books???

RevHRod said...

I've gotta ask... how old were when you read "Dune"?

I will gladly stand in line when you have your book signing party. You write so well!

Singing Owl said...

I like Alice too. And I lol at your bonus question...AND the books picture is great!

Quotidian Grace said...

I'm flattered you'd ask me to do the blurb for the plays and look forward to reading them!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

wowzers! you are a woman with a bonafide plan in hand...

meanwhile i'll procrastinate my writing for a few more minutes...

Jan said...

I'm going to have to take your suggestion from Quotidian Grace and find that book. Since you said it was haunting, I want to read it. Thanks.

Plus, I have confidence that you'll be published.

Auntie Knickers said...

The only way I could copy and paste the picture was to copy it to my hard drive and then upload it from there. What a great writing plan you have and you seem like the one to accomplish all this!

dust bunny said...

Can I order my autographed copies now???? :)

Songbird said...

Ah, blessings on your publishing plans!

Kievas said...

Good choices all...I had forgotten about Garp. Good luck with publishing!

Rev SS said...

Adding "Testament ..." to my reading list. Thanks PG & QG. And, please add my name to the list of people wanting autographed copies of all your books, starting with the Chancel Plays.

Diane said...

I want to know who is publishing your chancel dramas so I can get them and use them!!

so keep me posted, ok?