Friday, January 25, 2008

REST IN PEACE

Got a phone call this afternoon.

Another friend  has died. Yesterday.

Mark.

I had not seen him in many years, but I knew him from high school. We dated briefly. He was my first writing partner. I will post the story we wrote together 30 years ago, "Whispering Stone", later. He was an eccentric genius. Made a film at 16 called "Spiderweb". It was never released. But it was good. 

His girlfriend called me. She said that I was someone that Mark always liked and highly respected. Ditto me for him. He was a gentle soul, who wrote one of the funniest books I have ever read in my life. "Crackerjacks". It has never been published. 

May he rest in peace. And if you're so moved, please send a prayer up for Pat. This was completely unexpected and she could use the support.  Thanks.

4 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh #$%@ it really stinks when death sends sucker punches... death is bad enough, but the blow of the news is another matter.

prayers for you. prayers for pat.

Songbird said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, PG.

Diane said...

prayers...

Barbara B. said...

yes, prayers...