Friday, February 22, 2008

A HEAVENLY FRIDAY FIVE

Singing Owl writes:

"I am in Seattle assisting with family stuff and preparing to attend a memorial service (Saturday) for my sister who died of complications of early-onset Alzheimer's disease.
(Bless your heart, Singing Owl. Prayers for you and your family...pg)

I am not grieving much, since the shock and tears and goodbyes and losses have been many and have occurred for a long time now. I am mostly relieved that my wonderful sister and best friend is free from pain and confusion, and I am thinking of eternity. That sounds somber, but I don't mean it to be. I decided to have a little fun with the idea. So how about we share five "heavenly" things? These can me serious or funny or a combination of the two."


What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):
(added note: except for #5, I took a "heaven on earth" approach)

1. Family get-together
Nothing fancy. Really good snack food. A large table for everyone to sit where we will play cards, tell stories and laugh our silly asses off all the day and night through. 

2. Song or musical piece
Oh goodness, I love music. I have so many favorites. The one I posted a couple days ago from Jethro Tull; Kissed by a Rose from Seal; Greensleeves always moves me to tears. But there is one soundtrack album from a movie that I just know was originally written in heaven, and that's the soundtrack to "Field of Dreams". 

3. Gift
Anything with diamonds. 

4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.
Oh, might I greedily do them all? (Why yes, PG, it IS your blog).....
Food: A very moist, basted Cornish game hen filled with my cornbread, sausage stuffing
Shoes: My very broken in, scuffed toed, cowboy boots. They're men's boots because the women's boots are too dang blasted narrow.
Vacation: Hawaii. First Maui for action fun, then Kauai for quiet rest and great snorkeling.
House: A 3,000 square foot beach house on a very large estate with several guest houses for friends to stay in, with my amazing library, indoor and outdoor pool. All green, with solar panels and back up solar batteries, recycling rain barrels and all that. And my bedroom which has a double California King bed on a platform in front of a huge glass window overlooking the sea, with satin sheets and beautiful quilts that I made myself. And lots more. But you have other blogs to read.

5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like?
What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"
Oh golly gee willakers. I have never ever thought of this before. I know people who have died and come back and I will go with what one of them told me, which sounds wonderful. Bonnie told me that you have no body at all, but you don't care. There's no physical sensations, but different inexplicable sensations. Astonishing peace. And a joy that's far better than sex. That sounds pretty wonderful to me. Though I'm in no hurry now, doncha know. And for me, heaven will be the most heavenly when I can meet Jesus and give him a huge hug, if that will be physically possible. 

13 comments:

Wyldth1ng said...

I like the guest house idea, then I could visit.

Good play.

j said...

Great play! I always love reading your blog.

Diane said...

oh, I really want to go to Hawaii, too. Meet you there?

Deb said...

You can come stock your library at my bookstore. :)

d

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

you? laugh your silly ass off??? now then... satin sheets. jeeze those sound comfy... might have to get some this side of heaven.

Sally said...

when you move in to that house, can I come to stay please??? Great play :-)

Barbara B. said...

cowboy boots -- who woulda thunk it?!

your house sounds very cool, and I'm with you on the laughing the silly asses off.

Singing Owl said...

Love ALL your answers. ;=D

I am thinking we wil have no body will after the resurrection of all, when we will have new ones, and then, if not before, we wil give Jesus a big hug!

Ruby said...

I played Jethro Tull's Aqualung and Thick as a Brick all the time. My parents were patient souls!

Kievas said...

I don't remember much about the music in Field of Dreams...will have to check it out!

Counselor in Process said...

I like the cards part, and I would automatically know all the rules. My parents and friends were always playing cards when I was growing up, but I've forgotten how to play, and I just don't have card playing friends ;-(

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love how you answered this!

dust bunny said...

excellent play!