Friday, March 28, 2008

MILLION DOLLAR FRIDAY FIVE

Singing Owl writes: "Lingering effects of a cold have me watching more television than usual. There appears to be a resurgence of the old daytime staple--the quiz show. Except they are on during prime time, and a great many of them offer the chance of winning one million dollars. I think it started with Regis Philbin and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" but now we have a half dozen or so. My husband and I started musing (after watching "Deal or No Deal") about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I'd just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It's simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?"

I am assuming that we're talkin' post tax dollars here. Otherwise I'd have to keep half in a CD for my Uncle Samolians.

~First I'd buy a new car and get rid of my 100,000 mile car that has to use a walker.

~Next I'd set aside enough for Wonderboy's college.

~Third I'd invest the rest and supplement our income from the dividends to pay for the increased costs of gas and food.

Just three for me. I'm not real jazzy with lots of money.

(Correction: Add one more. Forgot about listing the tithe. That's before the others)

8 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh my dear... you are not driving a Pinto are you? oh wait that would need a respirator not a walker.

and mmm yes the rising costs of just living are getting to be really troublesome... truly! looking at the costs of things makes my jaw consistenly hang open. (good thing it's too cold for flies yet.)

Wyldth1ng said...

Nifty.

The Swandive said...

it HAS been all quiet on the blog front.. only a few peeps here and there (sorry the peep thing is now totally stuck in my head thanks to our friend Mindy). Only 3!? Wow, the restraint. Blessings.

Singing Owl said...

Hey, new hairdo! I like it.

Rev SS said...

I'm with you on the new car and savings to supplement income.

Barbara B. said...

Your car has to use a walker!!! LOL, good one! :)
Actually our Honda van is getting close to the 100,000 mark.

RevAnne said...

I totally hear you on the cost of living thing...poor car, too!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Ma'am...I would REALLY like to see the picture of the walker that your car uses. *blinks innocently*