Tuesday, March 18, 2008

WANNA BUY A CAT? CHEAP!


My cat, Lucy, is about to lose her also name of "The Best Cat". This is due to her very poor computer manners.

When I am sitting at the computer, working or blogging or writing or playing MahJong, Lucy will jump up on the tiny computer desk, walk behind the computer back and forth, walk in front of the screen, over the keyboard, until she either comes to a resting place - usually on my work papers, or slides off the desk entirely.

Or, sometimes she will jump up on the table, land on papers that rest partly on and partly off, miss and fall to the floor, along with all the papers, the telephone and a pencil or five. Or she might walk around the computer just to slide on papers. I sometimes believe she thinks my desk is a ski resort. And I am the employee whose job is to wait on her paw and foot.

....Then there is the jumping up on top of my chair, behind my head, while I am sitting in it, and poking me ever so gently (though very very sharply), with her foreclaw while meowing for scritches.

I have talked to her about this until I am blue in the face and it just does not do any good. She then demands MORE attention, until I have to banish her from the room entirely.

Here she is, with her evil golden eyes, plotting another paper ski run.....


When I pass to glory and get to meet Jesus, I am going to ask him to please give these creatures opposable thumbs. So that at the very least they can pick up what they knock off desks. And maybe be able to fold some laundry.

17 comments:

Chorus said...

We are forever hopeful that our cats will clean the kitchen while we're at work, but it hasn't happened yet. Sigh...

dust bunny said...

Let's face it.....cats rule (or they purrrrrty much think they do)

David G. said...

You are WORKING too much!!

She's just trying to tell you that, since she can't speak.

YOU are NOT paying as much attention to her...and if you know Cats like I do, that is a BAD thing!!

She is dealing with you, ...her feeder, ...cats move from one owner to another usually, even run away from raising owners, to be comfortable.

Watch yourself,...she's watchin' you!!

Cathy said...

I really really like the large font - and my eyes really are happy with it!

Cats... why is it they do the things they do??

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Plotting another paper ski run *snickers*

Quotidian Grace said...

Somehow I doubt the cat would pick up after herself if she had opposable thumbs. More likely, she'd blog about you when you weren't looking!

This is why I love my puppy--she's happy napping at my feet in her little bed when I work. That and the rest of the family is very allergic to cats.

Lorraine said...

Yes, I agree with Quotidian -- no way would a cat pick up, even if she had opposable thumbs. Picking up is YOUR job. Along with food, water, cozy places to sleep, and entertainment (like skiing, for example). Lol... have to love that look on her face -- as if she's saying "how DARE you blog about me, the Queen of This House. lol....

SpookyRach said...

Yep, your commentors are right. The thumbcat would totally diss you all over the internet. It's what they do.

(She's really gorgeous though. Why work when you have such a lovely companion to play with? ha ha!)

Mac said...

I suspect that when we get to Heaven, we will find that cats are there--sleeping on the great judgment seat and giving God that "surely you don't expect me to move" look that we all know so well.

Rev Kim said...

Newman says, "Yeah, I'd love to buy a cat! And, uh, I'll take real good care of it too. Really. I promise. I can only pay with lamb & rice kibble, though. How much should I send?"

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i'd like to say 'hah ha that's why you should have a dog'... but well, my 113 pounds of labrador retriever has not been golden this week either. (as i type he grunts)...

Singing Owl said...

Ha, this was a perfect description of Princess Patches. Eventually shut the office door. But if she disappears and I need to find her (like to go to the vet) I know that if she's awake she'll come in as soon as I sit down in front of the computer.

Grinning at the picture and at the widget...Twins!

Red_Cleric said...

When my former cat had had enough of me on the computer she'd jump up and after a while lie down on the keyboard.

My current cat Callie [Kali] depending on her mood comes up and nips me on the leg and then scoots out of the room...

SIGH! There's no living with them or without them it seems

Wyldth1ng said...

(o)

Kievas said...

Something about computers seems to attract cats...I've never quite figured it out.

johnieb said...

And not an hour ago I was hoping Miss Scarlett would join me at my desk, my lap, my keyboard: contrary cat!

Lindy said...

You know, that's the thing about cats. You can't train them and they keep getting out of the dryer.