Friday, April 18, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE - Just for 24 Hours

This week from Revhrod:

Yesterday I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would come and I would feel a lot better.

This is certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider...

1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?

Lose my gooey marshmallow middle, inner thigh saddlebags, and my wrinkly neck. The rest I'm comfy with.

2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go?

Only 24 hours? Then it's to my bed with a pile of books and magazines, a bottle of wine, the TV and the remote.

3. You get to do somebody else's job for a day...

I'd do Mindy's and Rach's job. They have the most interesting work I've ever read about.

4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...

Hang with Mary in Nazareth watching Jesus as a youngster play with my son , have coffee and talk mom issues.

5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick?

Why, I already have them all!! Why would I want more? (I keep them all in my keyboard and pull them out when needed)

10 comments:

Certified Healing Coach said...

I LOVE your answers!!

I'd love a day in bed, too, but you forgot the munchies. Bread with butter? Cheese? Grapes?

And I love that you already have all the magical powers!

*coughs*

Can I borrow a few?

Singing Owl said...

But if you just read and eat in bed all day, no one will see your fabulous, de-marshmalled bod!

MARY! Never thought of that. Great choice. That way you see the young Jesus too. What a thought, haning out with Mary taling about our kids!

Mrs. M said...

Mindy and Rach's job DOES seem really interesting!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

what do mindy & rach do? i read... but couldn't find the answers on their sites... *sigh* my magic powers are not working correctly... must find coffee - no wait too late in the day. grrr... nap? too late in the day. glass of wine? oh yeah i'm working...

Presbyterian Gal said...

Certified Healing Coach:
You may borrow any of them you wish! They are limitless.

Singing Owl: I will enjoy my de-marshmallowed bod!

Hi Mrs. M! It does sound interesting.

And HCL: Our Mindy and Rach are Probation Officers in the great state of Texas and have the most amazing experiences at work. I would like to see a TV show about this sometime! Starring Mindy and Rach.

Deb said...

Loved your answers. When you find the de-celluliter, please mail it to me when you are done (overnight it please, I only have 24 hours!)

LOL...

deb

Barbara B. said...

Can you read all those books and magazines after the bottle of wine??

Presbyterian Gal said...

Barb: Why of course I can. Don't forget, I have magical powers!

RevHRod said...

Lovely answers O Powerful One. And I love your cartoon self portrait!

Wyldth1ng said...

Amazing keyboard. Must be a toshiba or sony.