Friday, June 27, 2008

FIRST BOOK OF PLAYS

TA DA! Here it is. My first book of plays.



After much huffing and puffing and on line chat help from Lulu, I have the first volume of my plays in a slim paperback book.

I used the old fashioned courier font as that is traditional for performing material. Although some would say old-fashioned.


Except for the last one act play, they are all three to five minutes in length. Using the courier font with the margins that I have used you can estimate one minute per page. Give or take. I produced many of them for my church with great success.

Click on the Lulu button in my sidebar storefront and you can buy a hard copy for $9.95 or download it for $6 even.

It was quite an ordeal getting this done. Writing the plays was far easier. I'm hoping the second volume will be easier to publish now that I have more experience. Then there will be a volume of my stories. Maybe two. Hopefully by the end of August.


If you do buy it and would like some extra tips on how to produce the plays for your church, send me an e-mail.

I'm just gonna sit awhile and stare at the pretty red cover.

24 comments:

soul and culture said...

How cool is this!? Congrats, LJ!

SpookyRach said...

How coooooooooooool!

Enjoy the staring. It is a perfectly LOVELY red cover. Ha ha! Congrats!!!

FranIAm said...

Brava brava brava!!!!

Loud applause, standing up now!

Brava!

Songbird said...

Congratulations!

Songbird said...

P.S. Just ordered a copy!

Presbyterian Gal said...

Songbird!! You are the first one!

I am so excited.

*dancing around room as long cherished wish actually comes true*

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations. It must feel great to hold your own book.

Presbyterian Gal said...

Ruth:
Yes it does. And terrifying at the same time.

Kievas said...

Congratulations! Maybe you'll inspire me to actually get a complete short story written and published :)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

wahoo! how awesome... you totally rock baby. *clink clink* cheerio dahling!

zorra said...

Cool!!!

Barbara B. said...

Big Congrats!
(Courier font--good choice!)

Rev SS said...

So very cool! I'll order a copy come payday (you will autograph it, right?

Mary Beth said...

I'll be in line right behind Rev SS (come payday Tuesday) and I want an autograph too!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!

Hooray for you!

Presbyterian Gal said...

In order to autograph your books, you'll have to purchase it from Lulu then send it to me and I'll have to send it back. It's a print on demand company, so there's no book till you buy it.

Shoot me an e-mail when you buy it if you want an autograph and we'll figure something out.

Sue said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

cheesehead said...

How cool!

DogBlogger said...

Wow!

Diane said...

hooray! and I'll be ordering that book...

Jan said...

WOW!! Congratulations!!! How about signed copies?

dust bunny said...

Woo hooo!! Gotta get me a copy!

mompriest said...

whoo hoo! I think I will have to buy a copy...and maybe I'll just have to come to LA and get it signed in person (oh, and visit my brother in Covina, too)...yay PBG

Presbyterian Gal said...

Thank you so much everyone!

and Mompriest, come on by!

Singing Owl said...

Oh, just read this! I'm so happy and excited, and I will buy a copy! I love the title!

((((PresbyGal)))) Wooo Hoooo!