Thursday, June 12, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE: Beach Trip

This week from Mother Laura:

"The Grimes-Honkanen bunch is settling in after a challenging move, and bubbling with gratitude for our new "cozy cottage by the beach": a tiny rented condo on Pacific Coast Highway.

She shares her wonderful experience on the beach and asks:

So in honor of summer, please share your own beachy memories, plans, and dreams with a "Beach Trip" Friday Five."

1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"?



While I love places of water in all their glorious forms, I do prefer the beach of the ocean. I have enjoyed the the seasides of North Carolina, Florida, California, Oregon, and *sighs wistfully* Hawaii. There is no smell and no sound on earth that I find more comforting, relaxing and peaceful than the ocean's calming waves and healing salt air. And to swim in a warm ocean! Heaven. Snorkeling's even better.

2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place?



I believe that someday I will live at the beach, because I have had so many dreams about it. And the dreams are of living at the beach on the northeast coast of the U.S.. I sort of lived at the beach, in Marina del Rey. But that was in the 70's which was a time with a different focus for me.

3. Any beach plans for this summer?


Ha ha. Funny you should ask. Wonderboy and I are going to be at this beach next week for five glorious, salty water filled days. Can't wait.

4. Best beach memory ever?


~ Lying in a hammock, sipping a Mai Tai, reading a great book, swinging in the tropical breeze on a beach in Maui. Looking up from time to time at a gorgeous sapphire colored calm sea. Breathing air scented by plumeria.

5. Fantasy beach trip?


Kauai, anywhere on Poipu Beach.

Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/film/book that expresses something about what the beach means to you.

No contest:


16 comments:

Certified Healing Coach said...

I love your pictures!

Your memories remind me of a time I spent on a beach in california one afternoon that was nearly idyllic.

Enjoy your time at the beach next week.

Counselor in Process said...

Your's was just beautiful! And I knew it was Bali Hai before it started playing

FranIAm said...

Ah - the beach.

Lovely photos and thoughts from you.

Enjoy the beach vacation!!

Diane said...

Bali Hai -- of COURSE! what beautiful pictures you have. makes me wish I had more ocean experiences.

Mrs. M said...

That's a pretty fabulous memory!

Mother Laura said...

Great play--you make me want to try Hawaii! And have a wonderful trip.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I envy you the beach vacation. We love the ocean, and we're not going anywhere this year. Ah well. I'm glad you're going to be having fun.

SpookyRach said...

Hey PG!

Have a great time on vacation! You deserve it. Looking forward to seeing more great pictures when you return!

Purechristianithink said...

MMmm. Love me some South Pacific

Sally said...

...wonderful, wonderful pics and thoughts, thanks!

Mary Beth said...

Youall have a GREAT week at the beach.

zorra said...

Have a VERY relaxing and peaceful vacation.
One of the things I miss most about SoCal is the beach at Pt. Dume.

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, photos, Bali Hai and all. However, I have to warn you: on the northeast coast of the US, the water is not warm as you might experience in Hawaii or southern California, the Carolinas or Florida. Up here (down East) it's downright cold.

Jan said...

You're so lucky that you live in California! What fun to go with your son for an entire week--enjoy and celebrate! I envy you that time.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

can't go wrong with show tunes... have a beachy time! hee hee

David G. said...

Too bad the Central Florida Episcopal Church isn't so thankful!!