Saturday, July 12, 2008

"SHE'S SO ARTISTIC" AWARD



That scamp Singing Owl bestowed this lovely award on me! I am very honored. And in such excellent company. To my great relief I did not have to participate in the bathing suit competition.

There are rules and responsibilities in holding this award:

1) Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award -- which is here: Arte Y Pico.

I will pick five, and if you've already received this award, then you're twice as artistic. In no particular order:

1. First I choose Princess Mindy because not only is she creative with sewing and crafting and now creating a slice of heaven with her new house, she also creates tremendous blessings for all of us who know her through her blog by her gift of hospitality and making connections.

2. Next has to be SpookyRach. You must go there and see her photographs and then read her wonderful stories from Friday Cemetary Blogging. Even more fun are her tales from work and life. I always feel like a welcome member of her family, sittin' and laughin' with her. That is truly a gift.

3. Even if you've already won this, Barb, I have to pick Views From the Road. Barb makes the coolest videos and photoshop pics you've ever seen. Of course the pictures are my favorites, since I am in most of them. You should not miss her Bored Mom Productions and Empty Nesters Hiking Club. Great fun! I admire her prolific production skills.

4. Cynthia is a profoundly gifted poet. Sometimes she takes me to look at things I'd rather not, but in such a way I realize I should and do some more work. That's when I find poetry truly edifying. When it calls me to task or shows me a new view of an old picture. Cynthia does this. And she paints the prettiest darn pots you ever saw!

5. My hero and one of my first blog friends is Quotidian Grace. Her artistry is in her passion for the church and our sweet Lord and how she pursues it with, as her name says, tremendous grace. She is unflagging in sharing this passion with all of us. And I've heard she sings like an angel. (time for a You Tube, Jody!!)

.....C'est Tout!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Yay! You got it too!

Quotidian Grace said...

~blush~

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much. I don't think of myself as being that artistic, so I am really touched.

Now I'll put on my thinking cap and pass the award on.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations.

Jan said...

Congratulations!

And I loved your memories about the Betty Crocker cookbook for kids!

Barbara B. said...

congrats, and thanks! (as I said at my place, your check is in the mail...)

Kievas said...

Congrats, and well deserved. Fame and fortune await you...

Quotidian Grace said...

Now you've got 2 awards! You are really the most artistic blogger I know.