Friday, August 01, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE: LOCK ME OUT, LOCK ME IN


"Yo! Is dis the right place for the New Village People audition?",
or "I come from a hat downunder",
or, "you will be assimilated....resistance is futile"

Songbird muses -

For some reason, Blogger declared this blog possible SPAM and locked us down yesterday. This morning, we're free to post again, but there was a fair amount of excitement last night among our contributors, who found a dire notice on their Blogger dashboards threatening that this blog might be deleted in 20 days!

We requested a blog review, and I posted a request at the Blogger Help group, where I found we were not alone. Many other perfectly nourishing and cromulent blogs got the same notice last night.

This turned out to be a very small barricade in our blogging community life, but it seemed appropriate to explore locks and blocks and other barriers this week. Also, I liked the picture of the security team above! Could they be Blogger's Spam Prevention Robots, working overtime?

In honor of their efforts, I bring you the "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In" Friday Five.

1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?

I imagine myself on a dance show and perform amazing feats of footery.

2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)

Never out of my house. However I have locked my keys in my car. Once while it was running.

3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)

Not a track and field gal. Metaphorical hurdles would include puberty, bad boyfriends, income ceilings, and acne. Although those really are more material than metaphorical. Except some of the boyfriends who I now swear must have been made up.

4) What's your approach to a mental block?

I stack it on top of all my other mental blocks.

5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!

See above

....now if I post this and post a link on the RevGals site, will the blog bot police come and lock me down? Hmmmmm. I'm a scofflaw! I'll risk it.

12 comments:

Jayne said...

Hehe, we both thought of the Village People with that picture!

I know what you mean about boyfriends. Other people have met them, so I'm reasonably sure I didn't make them up, but man...where do the grow some of these guys?

Reformed Catholic said...

I looked at the picture and thought:

Kumbaya, my lord! Kumbaya ....

DogBlogger said...

Oooh, I like your mental block tactic.

RevDrKate said...

I thought about the Village People, too. We must be the right vintage for them PG! And you reminded me that I also did the lock the keys in the running car. I did it with a group home client. She thought it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard of...the counselor did this dumb thing. Very bonding, it was. I meant to do it, really.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the dance show answer.

I once got a speeding ticket because I was planning my novel while driving. Maybe I should save the planning sessions for construction slowdowns.

ElastiGirl said...

village people reference is very funny!!

Songbird said...

I love the "hat down under" caption!

Deb said...

I think I need to go play with my mental blocks and stack them, too.

d

Kievas said...

This is funny, especially the captions. I've locked myself out of both home and car.

EmJayDee said...

Your play reminded me of a scene one holiday at a petrol station. Large car with family and dog pulled in. Mum and kids got out to buy icecreams. Dad got out and started filling car with petrol. Large dog inside put paw on the lock thing. Car was locked in the petrol filling lane in holiday rush and long queue behind. Fortunately a bystander was nifty with a coat-hanger and got it unlocked. But being locked out of a car is no fun at all!

Reformed Catholic said...

I love the 'assimilated' caption. Classic ST:TNG reference.

seethroughfaith said...

liked the village people joke :)

Never out of my house. However I have locked my keys in my car. Once while it was running. wondering how that is possible? Obviously it wasn't that hard - but I can't think how to do it. Not that 'd want to mind...