Tuesday, September 30, 2008

KATHY

Kathy passed to Glory on the 28th. 

Here she is with her family four days before,




Because so many of you graciously prayed with me for her and her family, I share Jim's note with you here:

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you for your warm thoughts and prayers. I must tell you that at around 3:45 p.m. this afternoon Kathy Meyer passed away. She had 5 close friends and our family of Tim, Ame and grandson Shawn with is. As the time got short the pastor came and he and I did the Commendation of the Dying service. It was a very tearful service. Kathy, whose eyes had turned up and breathing labored also teared up. I dried them as I dried my own while saying the prayers. Then she turned her eyes and focused them on me and as we finished the Lord's prayer she stopped breathing.

It took us all by surprise. I thought we would have a few more days, but the hours turned to minutes and then our breaths stopped; and all started again, but one.
I am sore and tired and I will send later notice when the memorial service will be.

God Bless you and good night.

In The Rest And Peace of Our Lord,


Jim

6 comments:

Deb said...

love and prayers to you, Jim, and all who miss her...

deb

FranIAm said...

Rest in peace, rise in glory.

Prayers for Jim and for all her family and friends, including you.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my, what a moving story. Praying for Jim and all who loved her.

Gannet Girl said...

May she experience a joyous welcome.

I am sorry for your loss, PG.

Singing Owl said...

Oh, how lovely that her last sight was Jim...and she left. Prayers ascending for all.

Barbara B. said...

adding my prayers...