Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NOW I GET IT

Back in March I noticed this. Bush presented a proposal to bring the banking, insurance and stock market under the regulatory control of the Fed. Congress did not pass this.

Bush leaves office very soon. I picture him at his desk, sitting across from Cheney. Both men tapping their pencils and feet in agitated annoyance.

You all know what's happened in the markets lately. Now the Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Paulson, says "more is needed".



It seems that Bush will very likely get his way after all. And we will have King Bernanke with his 12 Federal Reserve Bank arms to watch and regulate how we make our money and spend our money.

Crackpot theory #923 - it really might not matter WHO is elected president when this happens. This will change the fabric of the country permanently and mark the end of free enterprise.

4 comments:

chartreuseova said...

Wanna hear my crackpot theory? It may not matter who is elected because Bush will declare a state of emergency and refuse to leave office. I think that's # 978 on my list. Crackpot theory #977 is who we actually elect may not matter due to widespread election fraud and decisions of a few powerful people. Oh wait, that last one already happened ;-)

Presbyterian Gal said...

Chartreuseova, I've thought of your #978 too. My mom actually thought of that as well. And there's a chance the #977 may happen again.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I really, truly hope you're wrong.

Presbyterian Gal said...

Me too, Ruth. Me too.