Tuesday, September 02, 2008

RODENT CONSCIOUSNESS

The guinea pig is sick. All the hair on the back half of her body is gone. Either ringworm or something else. She's not eating so much and is lethargic. Gonna call the vet first thing this morning.

TJ the hamster died after only 3 weeks with us. Now Curly is sick. 

Maybe some people should just stick to one kind of pet. Cats work for me because they practice such diligent self care. All I have to do is put out food and clean the litterbox. The only sacrifice is smooth upholstery. Playing with them and loving them up is easy. 

I thought it was easy with Curly as well. Now I feel like such a failure. 

School starts this week and I refuse to allow this to foreshadow it. I insist on a brilliant and positive year this year. And I shall take my cleansing breaths this morning and transform rodent consciousness into a sunburst crown of positive light.

That and maybe two cups of coffee this morning.

UPDATE: CURLY HAS MITES! LITTLE CREEPY UGH-Y CREATURES THAT ARE MAKING HER HAIR FALL OUT.  SHE GOT A SHOT. NEEDS THREE MORE OVER THE NEXT FOUR WEEKS. $73 PLUS DOLLARS LATER AND A CLEANED OUT CAGE AND  I'M KA-CHINGED OUT!! 

5 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

well... who expected you to be the expert in rodent care? it is a worthy calling that's for sure... i'd leave it to the pros.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

LMAO...why do I find a half bald guinea pig funny?

I hope the shots help curly. I really do.

Jan said...

You're a great mom to care for Curly and any other rodent! Beyond a cat and two dogs, the only other pets my children had were a bearded lizard and fish.

FranIAm said...

Oh my!

And I was wondering when school started as I am praying for your son!!

Kievas said...

Hope Curly makes a quick recovery, and sorry to hear about the hamster.