Been awhile since I've done one of these. I hear it's like riding a bicycle, which is a good workout......so then,
".......For this Friday Five let's ponder the various ways we work out (or not), physically, spiritually, and/or psychologically."
1. Do you work out physically, spiritually, or psychologically? (I'll let you define what that might mean to you)
Physically: No time in my current circumstance of extreme stress to work out. My internist says "Don't worry, you'll get back to it, you have too much going on." and my gynecologist says "You're fat, you're stressed, if you don't work out 1/2 hour a day you will drop dead in five years"......hmmmm, what to do, what to do???
Spiritually: See above, sans doctor recommendations. I try to get to our new church twice a month. It'll be more later. I DO however keep up my regularly scheduled rant to God. I know he'd miss it if I didn't.
Psychologically: Now, there I practice rigor. I see my therapist regularly and check in with trusted friends to keep myself on the rails.
2. Are you more inclined to join a gym, or a book club?
Gym - or more likely a regular yoga class or some such.
3. Are you more inclined to read self-help books like Gail Sheehy's "Passages" or spiritual books like Richard Rohr or Theresa of Avila? And if so, what is your favorite?
I'm more likely to buy self help books and intend to read them. Though I fall sound asleep after one and a half chapters.
4. Are you a loyal fan of a sports team? Or do you join the bandwagon when the local team is winning? And, if so, which one?
I don't follow sports - but I support the Lakers and Dodgers when they're in finals. And I watch Olympic ice skating.
5. Or do you lean more toward having a favorite theologian/Spiritual writer or self help author and if so, who? And, why.
St. Francis of Assisi is my hero because of everything he ever taught. He's like Jesus, Jr. for me. And I like Dr. Wayne Dyer, though he tends to get redundant after a pace.
Bonus: What was the last play-off series you watched and did your team win?
I watched the Superbowl year before last, which was a GREAT game. Sorry I missed this year's. I hear that was good too. Not much a sports fan.