Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Life's Banquet

The wasp eats the living caterpillar
while the caterpillar peacefully blinks
out of existence.
Never protesting,
Never struggling.
At one with his fate.



The dragonfly eats the living wasp
munching like a socialite at a cocktail party
as the birdies chirp
The wasp never protests,
The wasp never struggles
At one with his fate



The spider eats the dragonfly
wrapping and wrapping the leftovers into a cocoon
after devouring the juicy head
The dragonfly wonders if the spider
will enjoy the wasp
and the caterpillar
as well,
before dying.

6 comments:

Cyn Huddleston said...

This seems to be indicative of your general state of mind these days. I'm available to swat insects--but which one are you. I'm afraid of friendly fire. <3

spookyrach said...

I'm with Cyn. Plus, I'm buying up a few cans of Raid.

annie said...

Like the writing, don't like the visuals! But, on the other hand, that is life, isn't it?

Lori said...

I love this Lori.... it's so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys,
Cyn - I'm not any of them and I'm all of them, they are all prey and they are all victims.

It's a twisted Zen thing.

Or not.

LJ
who is not logged in

Lois said...

Oh, is this your philosophy of nature post? I have so many things I want to say!